H1-B extension/transfer after 6 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B extension/transfer after 6 yrs

I have an offer from company B and my current company A has started to file Labor application in EB2 and i am in 5th year of my H1-B as of today(3/28/12). Can I get the h1-b transfered for 3 years with Company B and then they file labor application again with same PD.

I am looking at the option to switch from Company A to B. I am in 5th year of my H1-B. Company B is going to start my labor process after about 1 year of my joining that is jan-2013. I am evaluvating the risk and my possible options. Should i grab opportunity or leave it and wait till my labor & i-140 is approved.

Please advise.

Employer B will not eb able to request 3 years in I-129. They can request only the remaining time in your H1B 6 year CAP. Unless employer B can file the PERM 365 days prior to the end of your 6th year, or try and get both PERM and I-140 approved before the end of the 6th year, the 7th year extension is not possible. In oredr to port the priority date, you will need a copy of your previous I-140 approval.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-ext...-years-in-usa/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X