X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent filing of H1b Extension and H1b Transfer

Hi All,
    This is my situation.

I got my first H1b petition approved through a company A back in October 2006 and I have stayed in US for the following periods on my H1b visa.

02-24-2007 to 05-23-2008
    06-27-2008 to 11-13-2009
    02-13-2010 to 10-20-2011
    11-26-2011 to Till date

Now, i have my I94 valid till end of Sep 2012.

Company A wants to file for my extension now to recapture the period of stay outside US (6-7 months)
    Company B is willing to file for my H1b transfer in a premium mode and also has promised to process my Green Card immediately.

So my question is that, is it ok to file for my H1b extension through Company A and H1b transfer through Company B at the same time. This is just to make sure i have a backup just incase i have an issue with my H1 transfer. Please note my I94 is valid for another 6 months.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Scandata; 03-28-2012, 09:49 PM.

Yes. Extension of stay cannot be filed 6 months prior to the I-94 expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Ok. So can we have an extension through company A and Transfer through company B filed at same time?

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Scandata View Post
        Ok. So can we have an extension through company A and Transfer through company B filed at same time?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much Shervin143-

So this is what happened -
          i. Company A filed for my H1b extension on a regular mode.
          ii. A week later company B filed for my H1b transfer + Extension in a premium mode.
          iii. I got my H1b transferred through company B within a week and also got an extension of 10 months which is till 01-Aug-13.

Your timely advise was really helpful in taking a good decision, Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X