H4 Visa. 221g employer not giving documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa. 221g employer not giving documents

I am currently working in US as a full time employee. It is a full time job and no clients are involved. It is a direct employer employee profile. I went to India two months back and got married and got my H1 Stamped. I applied for H4 for my wife. When she went for interview she received 221(g) and VO requested following documents:
    1. Petitioner’s Federal Tax Returns for the last two years
    2. List of Petitioner’s Employees ()
    3. State Unemployment Wage Reports
    4. H1B beneficiary salary for last three years

I am a full time employee here from 4 years and I got my H1 stamping two months ago in India. I spoke to my employer about this documents and my employer is not providing any of these documents for confidential reasons. What can be an alternative? Can you please advice me what should I do? I am thinking to write a letter to the consulate explaining the facts about documents confidentiality and explaining my job profile and that this a full time job?. What will be your advice?

Thanks.

The employer need not have to handover the confidential documents to you. They can directly to send it to the consulate. Check with the employer to see if that is okay. Instead of making yur wife attend the visa interview alone, you should have bookeed the interview together.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I spoke to employer about that option to send it directly to consulate but no success. He is not willing to provide it to anybody.

Comment

Well, I think it is time you find a better employer in that case.

Originally posted by g228_Issue_11 View Post
        I spoke to employer about that option to send it directly to consulate but no success. He is not willing to provide it to anybody.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hey,

I have same situation here...please let me know if you find any alternative,,it is not easy to find an another employer and who knows that another employer would provide confidential documents..
          please let me know and keep update.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X