Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from visitors visa to H1 visa

Hi everyone,

I was in the US on student visa and then got converted to h1 visa. After 6 yrs i came back to india for h1 stamping but i got rejected with 221g white paper. the reason was that my client had immediately stopped the project and i came to know about it the next day right after my h1 interview.

I have a car and apartment lease on my name. I am thinking of going back on a visitors visa to finish off these pending business. at the same time my employer is interested in again applying for my h1 visa if I go to us on a visitors visa or students visa. I am confused about converting visiting visa to h1 visa after going to us. can anyone of you guys please help me and clarify if there is any issues regarding the same ?

If there is already a thread existing regarding the same please divert me to it.

Thank you all in advance.

Rachel

It is never advisable to file a COS from B1 to H1B. B1 is for tourism. Filing a COS from B1 to h1B will show that you intent for B1 is purely for looking for jobs and not for tourism. You will endup having to answer a lot of questions at the conulate regarding the same when you attend the visa interview the next time. If your employer finds you another job, then travle back to your home country, get the H1B stamped and re-enter back in H1B visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks shervin for the reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X