Am I exempt from H-1B cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I exempt from H-1B cap?

I was working with Company A in India and they filed H-1B petition for me in 2007. I got the petition approved and stamped the visa after some months. But due to project requirement changes , I was not required to travel.

I continued to work for Company A and in 2010 they applied L-1B for me.Right now I am in USA with my L-1B visa.

Now Company B offered me a Job, So I told them I need H-1B sponsorship and can start only in Oct 1st, 2012.

My Question is since I had one H1-B approved petition (visa) , is there a way I am exempt from the cap.Even though I did not use that visa to travel.

Thanks

Yes, they can file a cap-exempt petition and request immediate start date.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Can you confirm this by looking at below details. Also tell me till when can I get H-1B cap exemption--any 6 year rule or anything? I would like to know till when I can apply H-1B without cap limit?

1) H1-B petition date was May 2006 (2007 Quota)

2) Visa Stamped Date was Mar 2008

3) Never Traveled on the Visa even once.

40 H1-B expire date was May 2009

4) H-1B cancelled when I applied L1-B

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Yes, they can file a cap-exempt petition and request immediate start date.
      Last edited by visaonlinenew; 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Cap exempt petition must be filed within 6 years of the previous petition. Your new employer's attorneys will know how to handle it.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X