Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS -160 Online Form Question - H1 extension denail

Hello,

My H1 extension was denied and my company applied for new H1 and it got approved. I came back to India to get new H1 stamped.

While filing DS-160 for VISA interview, one of the questions is

" Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?"

Should I give details of H1 extension denial? Is extension denial same as VISA refusal?

Please provide me the information.

Thank you

I don't think an H-1B extension denial is the same as a visa refusal. However, if your case was ever placed on hold under section 221(g) during the visa interview process at any of the US Consulates in India, then that constitutes a denial and that you should mention in your DS-160 form. Otherwise, I don't think you should bother.

Comment

Petition denial and Visa denial are not the same thing.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

221g is considered as a denial only if the visa get did not get approved later. If the visa got approved after receiving a 221g, then it is not considered to be a denial.

Originally posted by g_enhomme View Post
        However, if your case was ever placed on hold under section 221(g) during the visa interview process at any of the US Consulates in India, then that constitutes a denial and that you should mention in your DS-160 form.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you g_enhomme,kabkaba,Shervin143

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X