Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ammended H1B approval when no ammendment was made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammended H1B approval when no ammendment was made.

Hello,

I had my petition approved in Jan 2012 and I had not recieved the approval notice after that. In feb 2012 exactly a month later I received a notification saying an ammended notice was mailed and my case would be processed accordingly. This was in the online USCIS website. This confused me. In few days I received an ammended approval notice with new I94. I informed my employer and lawyer about this. The lawyer replied saying they had not made any ammendment. They checked with USCIS and got back to me saying that in the system my status is approved and fine and doesnt show any ammendments and that I am good!

Now my question is when I go for visa interview for stamping with the ammended approval notice. Would questions be raised? Or Am I good? Or should I be getting a proper approval notice from USCIS again? My lawyer firm is saying I shouldnt be worrying cos the system shows it right. But im skeptical about it, if system is right then why cant I get a proper approval notice or any letter stating as an error on their behalf?

I need to go to stamping soon and I am worried. Please suggest as to what I should be doing in this scenario. Thanks!

I think you are fine. Just carry the approval notice, a copy of your LCA and form I-129. If the information matches, then you are good. If you are worried, then get a letter from the lawyer stating that an amended petition was received from USCIS without requestingf or one and when checked with USCIS they mentioned that the system doesn't shows any amendment. How did the lawyers get this information from USCIS? If it is through an email or letter, get a copy of that.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X