• Show
Clear All

• Visa approved but need to verify something in PIMS

• Interview Date - April 10
    • Chennai Consulate,
    • Model - EC
    • All docs verified at the time of interviewes, nothing else requested
    • no slip issued

Interviewed by American and Indian officers extensively. In the end was told that visa is approved but they cant see something in PIMS database. When I asked is my petition not visible in PIMS, I was told that they could see my petition but some info was not visible and they can issue visa only after looking at that info. I was not issued any slip and when I asked for case number, the lady kept looking for it and then asked another officer in the back about how long will it take and then confirmed PIMS information will come in 1 week and then 1 week for passport to come so I do not need any case number. Just wait for 2 weeks. I know I have seen similar issues in this forum, in the past. Any similar experience?

Senior Members, how do I track my case without a case number?

It will normally take a couple of weeks.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Question

Is there any way to track the case meanwhile? I was not given any case number. I am supposed to travel as soon as I get my passport. But I dont want to book tickets unless and until I have stamped passport in my hands. I have seen so many cases in this forum where people get slips instead of stamping. Really scared.

Comment

If the deplay is just due to PIMS verification, then you should get the stamped passport back in about 1-3 weeks. Check with VFS helpdesk to see if they can help you track you case online. It takes time for your information to get into their tracking system. I guess you will get your passport before that. Anyways, check with VFS.

Originally posted by WaitingForTheDecision View Post
        Is there any way to track the case meanwhile? I was not given any case number. I am supposed to travel as soon as I get my passport. But I dont want to book tickets unless and until I have stamped passport in my hands. I have seen so many cases in this forum where people get slips instead of stamping. Really scared.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X