Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Transfer, what is my status? URGENT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer, what is my status? URGENT!!

Hello Everyone,

One of my friend has a situation and would need your expert advise on it.

He has got a H1(With I-94) from Company A. He was trying to make a H1 Transfer to Company B. During the intial automated email notification from USCIS, there was a I-94 number attached and the Consulate Notified secion was blank.

But, when he got the approval notice in paper, there was not I-94 number attached to it.

At this point of time

1. Is he eligible to stay in the country? If so can he work with the client of Company B?

2. Does he have to go to H1 Stamping to work for Company B?

3. If he doesn't want to go for stamping immediately, can he go back to company A for the time being and go for stamping whenever needed?

4. With Company A he was actually on F1 and has got a H1 petiton approved for 3 years along with I-94. With company B the H1 petition was approved for 3 years again but with out I-94 on the I-797 for but has an I-94 number from the automated response from USCIS.

What are the best options at this point of time?

Please let me know as soos as possible.

Thank you,

permaudit

1. Is he eligible to stay in the country? If so can he work with the client of Company B?
    >>> If he is still working with employer A, then he can continue to work for employer A. If he has already started working for employer B, then he should leave the country immediately and return back using either Company A's petition (to work for company A) or company B's petition (to work for company B).

2. Does he have to go to H1 Stamping to work for Company B?
    >>> If he already has a valid H1B visa stamped in his passport, then he can use that to enter U.S. By showing Company B's approval notice at the POE he will get an I-94 associated to Company B which will allow him to work for that employer.

3. If he doesn't want to go for stamping immediately, can he go back to company A for the time being and go for stamping whenever needed?
    >>> If he has already started working for Company B, then he just cannot go back to work for company A. He should leave the country and re-enter on Company A's petition.

4. With Company A he was actually on F1 and has got a H1 petiton approved for 3 years along with I-94. With company B the H1 petition was approved for 3 years again but with out I-94 on the I-797 for but has an I-94 number from the automated response from USCIS. What are the best options at this point of time?
    >>> All options are given above.
    Last edited by shervin143; 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X