Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India with Old employer stamping

Hi,

I moved to a new employer recently and got approved i797 and valid i94. I have valid H1B stamping till Sep-2012 from my old employer. I am planning a trip to India now.
    1. If I am returning to US before End of July, Can I come back safely without any immigration issues?
    2. To be on safer side, If I go for stamping and gets a query, Will I be able to use my old stamping to return to us?

I am not sure whether I can go for fresh stamping or not. Please suggest me the best option possible?

Thanks,
    Kumar

I moved to a new employer recently and got approved i797 and valid i94. I have valid H1B stamping till Sep-2012 from my old employer. I am planning a trip to India now.

If I am returning to US before End of July, Can I come back safely without any immigration issues?
    >>> If you are asking whether you can use the existing visa to travel back with the new employer's petition, then the answer is YES. Whether you will have any other immigration issues, well, no one can predict.

To be on safer side, If I go for stamping and gets a query, Will I be able to use my old stamping to return to us?
    >>> Whe you appear for the visa interview, the first thing that they will do is cancel the previous visa before deciding whether to issue or reject the new one.

I am not sure whether I can go for fresh stamping or not. Please suggest me the best option possible?
    >>> You can go for fresh stamping if you like. If the documents are in order and if you work for a direct employer, then the chances of a successful stamping is high.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Won't recommend going for stamping

I don't want to discourage you, but wd suggest you read this forum. You will find people stranded here for 3-6 months even with fulltime employment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X