H-1 and H-4, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Shervin,

Last time interview was conducted in English, and in DS-160 I have mention Gujarati, Hindi, and English.
    At the time of security checking they do ask about language preference.

Thanks

Comment

Well, in that case, check with VFS helpdesk to see if she can take the interview in Gujarati or Hindi this time.

Originally posted by rpatel59 View Post
      Hi Shervin,

Last time interview was conducted in English, and in DS-160 I have mention Gujarati, Hindi, and English.
      At the time of security checking they do ask about language preference.

Thanks
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Well, in that case, check with VFS helpdesk to see if she can take the interview in Gujarati or Hindi this time.
        Hi Shervin
        I just received my passport with H1b visa stamping on it mine is a direct employer process and first time stamping Visa is valid for three years. At present I am not able to go due to personal reason. is there any time limit after stamping that you have to travel.
        Please help have explain it to my employer he also have no Idea.
        Thanks

Comment

Don't hijack a thread with a totally different question. Post it on a separate thread. There is no timeline to travel after receiving the visa. You can travel anytime before the petition, visa and passport expiory date. The same job should exist when you decide to travel.

Originally posted by hkh View Post
          Hi Shervin
          I just received my passport with H1b visa stamping on it mine is a direct employer process and first time stamping Visa is valid for three years. At present I am not able to go due to personal reason. is there any time limit after stamping that you have to travel.
          Please help have explain it to my employer he also have no Idea.
          Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Don't hijack a thread with a totally different question. Post it on a separate thread. There is no timeline to travel after receiving the visa. You can travel anytime before the petition, visa and passport expiory date. The same job should exist when you decide to travel.
            Thank you Shervin
            Sorry for hijacking as was very confused

Comment

Hi Shervin,

My Wife reappeared for H-4 Interview today, they took old 22g and gave new 221g yellow.
              they are asking to submit,
              1. marriage photo
              2. money transfer proof
              3. phone recording(does it mean records or real voice recording)
              4. Husband wife relationship( what marriage certificate)
              If they are asking real voice recording then how would I get that,

They checked copy of my passport and they said to wife that come with your husband when he comes for stamping, but they did not give any proof.
              how can I bring my wife with me for interview without any proof?

Please help
              Thank you

Comment

My Wife reappeared for H-4 Interview today, they took old 22g and gave new 221g yellow.
                they are asking to submit,
                1. marriage photo
                2. money transfer proof
                3. phone recording(does it mean records or real voice recording)
                4. Husband wife relationship( what marriage certificate)
                If they are asking real voice recording then how would I get that,
                >>> I am not sure what phone recording means. Check with VFS helpdesk. You can also submit copies of your telephone calls made to India from U.S (to your wife's number) as proof. They are trying to validate that you guys are really married. So attach all proofs that can support your marriage.

They checked copy of my passport and they said to wife that come with your husband when he comes for stamping, but they did not give any proof.
                how can I bring my wife with me for interview without any proof?
                >>> I don't think it will be a problem. Talk to VFS helpdesk and they will facilitate this.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

I talked regarding H-1 and H-4 together @ vfs helpdesk, but they asked me to send email.
                  I did sent email on tuesday but i have not got any reply now I need to booked appointment because I have return date on 19th may 12.
                  Should I booked appointment and ask @ consulate to have H-1 and H-4 interview together as I previously said.

Thank You

Comment

Why don't you directly call up and talk to them?

Hi Shervin,

I talked regarding H-1 and H-4 together @ vfs helpdesk, but they asked me to send email.
                    I did sent email on tuesday but i have not got any reply now I need to booked appointment because I have return date on 19th may 12.
                    Should I booked appointment and ask @ consulate to have H-1 and H-4 interview together as I previously said.

Thank You

Comment

hi,

I called on 1206611411, and they said I need to email them, there is no other way contact Mumbai Consulate?
                      Do you know any other way I can talk to them directly?
                      please help

Thanks

Comment

Well, I guess then you will have to wait for their response. Send one more email mentioning the urgency.

hi,

I called on 1206611411, and they said I need to email them, there is no other way contact Mumbai Consulate?
                        Do you know any other way I can talk to them directly?
                        please help

Thanks

Comment

Want to withdraw my Passport submitted for H1 and apply for h4

What they have given you was just a template. I guess this is what they expect from someone who want to withdraw their H1B visa application. You can follow the same format but leave out the employment portion for H4.
                          Please advice me:

Me and My daughter's passports are stuck with admin processing since 4 months now.
                          she's missing her school and we want to reunite as a family.
                          Can I ask them to return my passport and can i then travel on H4 (My husband is working on a valid H1 in US already).

Would this affect my H4 stamping since they'll see that my H1 visa is under admin process.
                          What is the best possible reason I could mention to withdraw my passports and not affect my H4 interview as well.

Please help!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X