Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Renewed in US/Travel for Stamping to Ind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Renewed in US/Travel for Stamping to Ind?

Hello there,

I'm planning to get my H1 visa renewal stamping done. I'm not sure If I would have to go back to India to get it though.
    I was with Company A when I got to the US and then changed companies (Company B) in 2008. I had my visa renewed (not stamped on my passport though) with Company B while I was in the US.
    So I have the new I-797 and it says it's valid until 2014. But the visa stamp on my passport still shows Company A's stamp. I believe I'll have to get my visa stamped when I go out of the country now.

My Q
    Can I go to Mexico/Canada to get my stamping done or Do I have to get it done at the country of origin.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Is the H1B visa in the passport still valid? If the H1B visa in the passport will remain valid as of the date of your return, then you can use that visa along with the new employer's H1B approval notice to enter U.S. The employer name in the visa doesn't matter much. If you will not have a valid H1B visa in the passport as of the date of your return, then you need to get the visa stamped. You can get it stamped in Canada/Mexico if you were never out of status or never accumulated illegal stay in U.S.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your response!

The VISA stamp on my passport has expired. I guess I will have to go for stamping.

I have one last question. I have vendor between my employer and the client, But I do report to my manager and my client manager. Moreover, my client is ready to give it in writing that my daily actives are governed by my employer.
      which would mean that I still fall under the EVC (Employer - Vendor - Client) model? Would it make a difference as to where I go for stamping then?

Thanks again!

Comment

No. It doesn't matter.

Originally posted by forcabarca View Post
        Thank you for your response!

The VISA stamp on my passport has expired. I guess I will have to go for stamping.

I have one last question. I have vendor between my employer and the client, But I do report to my manager and my client manager. Moreover, my client is ready to give it in writing that my daily actives are governed by my employer.
        which would mean that I still fall under the EVC (Employer - Vendor - Client) model? Would it make a difference as to where I go for stamping then?

Thanks again!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X