Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B extension and H1B transfer at the same time- Pls advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension and H1B transfer at the same time- Pls advice...

HI,

I am in my 1st term of H1B with Employer A and my H1B is valid until Aug 31 2012.
    A new employer B has applied for my H1B transfer and status is still pending.
    However my current employer A wants to apply for my H1B extension by the end of next week.
    (they do not want to wait any further...)

I would like to know if it is OK to file for H1B extension while a H1B transfer petition is pending?
    If there is an RFE on H1B transfer from employer B before I apply for H1B extension from employer A, can I still apply for H1B extension with employer A?
    or
    What happens if both the petitions get approved? i.e., can I only work for the petitioner whose petition got approved the latest?

Please advice. I am confused...

Thanks,
    Raj.

I would like to know if it is OK to file for H1B extension while a H1B transfer petition is pending?
    >>> No issues.

If there is an RFE on H1B transfer from employer B before I apply for H1B extension from employer A, can I still apply for H1B extension with employer A?
    >>> Yes.

or

What happens if both the petitions get approved? i.e., can I only work for the petitioner whose petition got approved the latest?
    >>> You will have the option to work for one of the employers.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X