X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reqd Info regarding H1 Stamping

Hi Friends,

Hi,
    I'm planning to attend H1B stamping in the middle of june 2012 (Canada or Mexico). My current I-797 expires on 2nd Dec 2012 and now i'm applying for H1B extension.

1. Can i fill the D-160 with my current I-797 and book the appoinment and
    while i'm going to interview can i take my new approved I-797. If u
    say 'YES' this will apply for all the US consulates. Could you please
    let me know ur suggestions.

2. Please any one suggest me which consulte is better in Canada and Mexico.

3. Please any one let me know what are the documents i should carry for H1 stamping.

I'm planning to attend H1B stamping in the middle of june 2012 (Canada or Mexico). My current I-797 expires on 2nd Dec 2012 and now i'm applying for H1B extension.
    >>> Extension can be filed only within 6 months of your I-94 expiry date. If your I-94 is expiring in the month of Dec 2012, then you cannot file the extension now.

1. Can i fill the D-160 with my current I-797 and book the appoinment and
    while i'm going to interview can i take my new approved I-797. If u
    say 'YES' this will apply for all the US consulates. Could you please
    let me know ur suggestions.
    >>> No. You cannot do that. Wait for the extension to get approved and then apply for the visa interview.

2. Please any one suggest me which consulte is better in Canada and Mexico.
    >>> Search and read the experiences in Canada/Mexico by other forum members and decide which is best for you.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/

3. Please any one let me know what are the documents i should carry for H1 stamping.
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,
      Thanks for ur info.

I'm applying for my extension on 3rd June'12.
      Please can i get ur e-mail id.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

I have one more question. I new I-797 exp date will be till 1st Dec 2015 but my passport will be expering on 15th Apr 2015. Do i need to apply for the passport before i'm going to visa interview or how it works could you please let me know.

Comment

Are you holding an Indian passport? If yes, then the passport can be renewed only 1 year prior to the passport expiry date. The VOs at the consulate are well aware of this and this should not be an issue to get the visa until the petition expiry date.

Originally posted by balausa View Post
          Hi Shervin,

I have one more question. I new I-797 exp date will be till 1st Dec 2015 but my passport will be expering on 15th Apr 2015. Do i need to apply for the passport before i'm going to visa interview or how it works could you please let me know.

Comment

Hi Shervin,
            Please help me with this.

In Visa Services Site i found the below statement.

H1 Bs may apply only 90 days prior to the petition start date and may use their visas to enter the U.S. only 10 days prior to the petition start date unless they are renewing their visa with the same employer.

As per my below details in forum my current I-797 expires on 02nd Dec 2012 and i'm applying H1 extension on 3rd June 2012 once i received my new H1 i'm going for Visa stamping. In that case my petition start date will be more than 90 days so can i go for visa with my new H1 ?.

Comment

Not an issue as both your old and the new petition will be valid at that time. You need to carry both the petition for the visa interview. If you plan to return back before the new petition gets active, then you have to carry both the petition while you return back to show at the POE. Both visa and the I-94 will be issued till the new petition expiry date if you do this.

Originally posted by balausa View Post
              Hi Shervin,
              Please help me with this.

In Visa Services Site i found the below statement.

H1 Bs may apply only 90 days prior to the petition start date and may use their visas to enter the U.S. only 10 days prior to the petition start date unless they are renewing their visa with the same employer.

As per my below details in forum my current I-797 expires on 02nd Dec 2012 and i'm applying H1 extension on 3rd June 2012 once i received my new H1 i'm going for Visa stamping. In that case my petition start date will be more than 90 days so can i go for visa with my new H1 ?.

Comment

Need help

Hi friends,
                My first i-797 expires on 20 sept 2012 and the extension begins on 1st oct 2012. I want to get my passport stamped for the extension( canda or mexico) if i go in july 2012 to one of these places and the get it stamped for the extension? Also, on my visa the expiry date is dec 29th 2011 but the i-797 expires on 20th sep 2012. Please help guys! Im in a sticky situation.

Comment

You can go to Canada/Mexico for stamping. Visa expiry date is not important as long as you have valid I-94 until Setp 2012. When is your I-94 expiring. Did the extended petition come with a new I-94. You don't need a valid visa to stay in U.S. A valid I-94 is what is important. Visa is only required when you leave U.S and want to re-enter back. If you go for stamping in July, then carry both the petitions.

Originally posted by originalg View Post
                  Hi friends,
                  My first i-797 expires on 20 sept 2012 and the extension begins on 1st oct 2012. I want to get my passport stamped for the extension( canda or mexico) if i go in july 2012 to one of these places and the get it stamped for the extension? Also, on my visa the expiry date is dec 29th 2011 but the i-797 expires on 20th sep 2012. Please help guys! Im in a sticky situation.

Comment

Hi Shervin,
                    Could you please help me with these. I'm planning to go stamping in the middle of july.

1. After visa got approved also in some cases for delivering passport they are taking more time then expected. If this happens to my case is there any way to get my passport earlier because i have to go to india for my sister's marriage.

2. If i get 221G then they will return my passport right?. Is there any cases they can hold my passport for 221G also.

Comment

1. After visa got approved also in some cases for delivering passport they are taking more time then expected. If this happens to my case is there any way to get my passport earlier because i have to go to india for my sister's marriage.
                      >>> If visa is approved, you can collect the passport at the U.S consulate the immediate next day rather than waiting for it to arrive by courier. Other than that, you don't have any other option to get the passport quicker when the visa getting is in process.

2. If i get 221G then they will return my passport right?. Is there any cases they can hold my passport for 221G also.
                      >>> There are cases where they hold the passport and issue you only a 221g. In that case, you can write to the consulate asking for the passport. If your intention was to leave to India directly, then you have to withdraw the visa application before you leave.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X