Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect I-94 number on H1B extension approval notice

Greetings,

I have recieved I-94 with the H1B extension approval notice, which is not matching with the old I-94 number. Now I came back to India and I need to go for Visa stamping. Will the different I-94 matter during the Visa stamping and the travel to USA for me now? I came to know that the amendment process takes 2months atleast. Please guide me on this.

It will not matter. Did you travel while the petition was being processed? That is a common cause of different I-94 number.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My h1b extension with old i-94 instead of recent I-94

I have received I-94 with the H1B extension approval notice, which is not matching with the recent enter i-94 number. because my attorney entered the very old i-94 number in I-129 docs
        My new i-94 is valid up to Augst 30 2013 and POE entered my old passport no instead of new passport no which has visa satmp but my attorney did the mistake she entered very old i-94 but I got approval 3 years h1b extension with attachment i-94 as same as old i-94.
        1) is it give any problem for legally stay in USA ?
        2)Is CBP officer will correct the my passport no? I went DFW airport CBP , He is very rude he did not open my record itself. he said your visa is expire should go out of us come back you will get new i-94.
        3) If I will go next h1b extension which I -94 need to give?

Is any one face this problem please share me that would be more helpful.
        Last edited by jayareethu; 12-03-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Can you guys pls tell me how to resolve this situation. I have exact same situation.

Comment

Hi, I am in similar situation. My H1B is going to expire by April 9th and my company just started filing for extension. In this process, I found that my I-94 is not updated with correct date of entry and visa(still shows F1 and date of entry as Jan 2019) but travel history has right information. But the last time I entered US is in March 2020 with H1B visa. And later in April 2020, due to change of location my company filed amendment using previous I-94(f1). And after that I never travelled out to US and therefore my I-94 still remains same(f1). Now during extension, law firm wants me get corrected I-94 and when I reached out to cbp, they refused to make correction as my earlier h1b visa expired in august 2022. But I have valid I-797 until April 2023. So, what are my options now? Will I-94 be updated in my case if I visit nearest deferred location? Can immigration lawyers file for extension with i94 present on i797 or with incorrect I-94? I don’t think I can exit and try for re-entry as I just have 1 more month left on h1b.
            Please help and let me know if any one has any information on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X