Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1 B Interview Help

Hi Shervin,

I am going for H-1 B Interview on May 15 2012.

Que: What is the best answer for Purpose of your trip?
    My Ans: To continue working with my Employer as a My position.
    Que: I have I-797 A and I-797 C? I do not have I-797 B. Is there any difference in I-797 A and I-797 B?

Thank You

Que: What is the best answer for Purpose of your trip?
    My Ans: To continue working with my Employer as a My position.
    >>> Mention that the purpose of the trip is to go back to work for the employer who sponsored your H1B.

Que: I have I-797 A and I-797 C? I do not have I-797 B. Is there any difference in I-797 A and I-797 B?
    >>> I-797C is a courtesy copy which will not have an I-94. It is just an copy information the decision taken by USCIS. Usually I-797A or B will go to the employer or the lawyer and C will go to the employee. I-797A is the approval notice with a new I-94 (When filed as an extension or COS). I-797B is for consular process which will not have an I-94 attached. You will either get I-797A or B. Everyone will get I-797C.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

My H-1 approved, and Visa Officer also asked me to submit my wife passport to vfs with copy of my visa.

Thanks for help

Rajesh

Comment

Rajesh,

In which cousulate you have attended the interview (Hyd. or chennai), what are the questions asked during the interview.

Does anyone attended interview in Kolkata Counslate for H1b recently.

Pls share your exeperice.

Regards,
        Hussain.

Comment

Hi,

I have attend interview at Mumbai consulate...
          question asked ,
          1. which company? 2. salary? 3. direct employer or client? 4. copy of I-129? 5. asked about previous employer? 6. what position? 7. what company does?
          and asked question about my marriage because my wife visa was pending...

Hi shervin,
          During my H-1 Interview VO asked me about my wife case and I explained about her case and she asked me to submit marriage photographs at VFS. I told her at interview that I have photographs and she showed all the photographs and finally she said...I am approving your visa and you need to submit copy of ur h1 visa and ur wife passport to vfs.
          I asked VO ,,,do I need to submit anything else..she said NO...and I have entered information in the system.
          I went for submission ,,,now VFS asking me to have something in written from consulate for submission.
          can I contact consulate directly...How?

Thank you

Comment

Ask VFS helpdesk on how to contact the consulate directly to get what they need. Try to talk to someone else from VFS. Some customer service reps at VFS doesn't seem to know everything. Calling them again or going in person can help.

Originally posted by rpatel59 View Post
            Hi,

I have attend interview at Mumbai consulate...
            question asked ,
            1. which company? 2. salary? 3. direct employer or client? 4. copy of I-129? 5. asked about previous employer? 6. what position? 7. what company does?
            and asked question about my marriage because my wife visa was pending...

Hi shervin,
            During my H-1 Interview VO asked me about my wife case and I explained about her case and she asked me to submit marriage photographs at VFS. I told her at interview that I have photographs and she showed all the photographs and finally she said...I am approving your visa and you need to submit copy of ur h1 visa and ur wife passport to vfs.
            I asked VO ,,,do I need to submit anything else..she said NO...and I have entered information in the system.
            I went for submission ,,,now VFS asking me to have something in written from consulate for submission.
            can I contact consulate directly...How?

Thank you
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X