Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reentry to US after VISA rejection in canada or mexico

Hi,

I need to get my H1B Visa stamped & was considering of going to either Canada or Mexico instead of stamping it in India.

My main concern is what happens if your VISA is rejected in these contries. Are we allowed to reenter the US after this. Are the rules for Canada & Mexico the same in this regard or are they different for both of them?

Any insight into this will be very useful in deciding where to go & will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm in a similar situation... and thinking the same.. did you make any headway ? BTW - I know, if your visa gets rejected then you can not come back to US. I found it under Canada/Mexico visa websites..

Originally posted by username32
    Hi,

I need to get my H1B Visa stamped & was considering of going to either Canada or Mexico instead of stamping it in India.

My main concern is what happens if your VISA is rejected in these contries. Are we allowed to reenter the US after this. Are the rules for Canada & Mexico the same in this regard or are they different for both of them?

Any insight into this will be very useful in deciding where to go & will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

Ya I too read that on the US consulate site.

This website is for sale! nvars.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nvars.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I also learnt that its possible to stay in either country for 30 days on an expired visa IF YOUR NOT TRYING TO GET YOUR VISA STAMPED. If your trying to get the visa stamped & it gets rejected then you'll need to go back to your home country to stamp it..... so basically I guess theres risk involved in going to Canada or Mexico ..... but quite a few people seem to be taking this risk & going there...

Plz let me know if you come to know of something else...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X