H1-B visa extension receipt not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa extension receipt not received

My employer filed my H1-B visa extension petetion on 25th-May-2012 (Fedex tracking showing it reached USCIS VT office on 30th May 2012. My I-94 expired on 12th May-2012. I have’t received H1-B petition receipt. My employer mentioned USCIS deposited check and attached receipt number while clearing check. I called USCIS helpline they mentioned I need to wait 30 days at least to make enquiry or to track receipt. I live in Florida my driving license is expired, I’m kind of stuck now. Any idea approximately how many days USCIS Vermount office takes to dispatch receipts. Appreciate sharing info for similar scenario.

Thanks,
    Raj

Today is only the 15th or May 2012. How is it that your employer already filed the petition on 25th May 2012?

It usually takes about 2 weeks to get the receipt number. If you are so concerned about the license, then you should have filed the extension long back instead of waiting until the last minute. This is exactly why USCIS gives you 6 months time to file the extension.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for response shervin.
      Sorry it was typo my employer filled petetion on 25 th Apr-2012., he delayed so much.
      it is more than 2 weeks now. I hope i will receive it in this week.

Thanks,
      Raj.

Comment

Same Isse

Hi - I have the same issue. I havent got my Receipt number yet and my H1B, i94 expires on Nov 30th, 2012. Should I leave the country as I dont have any proof document that claims that my Extn was applied to USCIS? Please advise.

Comment

Same issue

Originally posted by Karthik1983 View Post
          Hi - I have the same issue. I havent got my Receipt number yet and my H1B, i94 expires on Nov 30th, 2012. Should I leave the country as I dont have any proof document that claims that my Extn was applied to USCIS? Please advise.
          Am also under same situation, my H1B extension was filed yesterday under normal process and my I-94 expiration is on 7/21. Could you provide your suggestion and experience.

Comment

Regarding H1 Petition extension

Could you please let me know when I am eligible to send my document for an extension? Is it before expiration of 6 months.

My H1- petition is valid until Oct-2017 and I am still within 6 years of H1 period.
            I am planning to visit India for a vacation during Jan / Feb 2017, at that time I have to go for Visa stamping, but based on my current petition I believe I will only get Visa until Oct-2017. If I get my petition extended now or before I visit India (Jan / Feb 2017) then I can get a visa for a considerable duration of time.

Let me know if there is any way to do an extension earlier than 6 months of the expiration period.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X