Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B tRANSFER

Hi,
    I have a valid H1 Till Sep 2013 and now I'm planning to transfer my H1 from Employer A to Employer B.I'm currently in US and I'm planning for a trip to India by June 2012. My doubt is that should I get my passport stamped again or will the same Visa hold good?... I do not want to have the hussel of going thru the stamping procedures now.

Please through some light team...

You can use the same H1B visa with the new H1B approval notice to re-enter U.S as long as the visa remains valid.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi All,

I have same concern I have H1 visa till Dec 2013 based on company A petition number A1 and I have new H1B petition approved til Dec 2014 from company B with petiotion number B1.

I came to US for company A but shifted to company B.

I need to travel to India on urgent basis on Friday 18th May and come back in 2 weeks before 3rd June.

I will not have enough time for applying for new Visa.

Can I travel back to US on H1 visa which is valid till Dec 2013 that has name of company A, with all the required approved documents for company B. If not I need to get my tickets cancelled.

Kindly suggest, I will be obliged for your opinion.

Regards
      Saurabh Goel

Comment

You can use the same Visa and new petition. Make sure you submit all I-94's (including ones at the bottom of approval notices) to the airline when you leave and when you return make sure your new I-94 date matches your new petition (B) and not the Visa.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Expired H1B Transfer

I am in India , got H1B stamped but did not fly on H1B, and it expired in 2010 Nov.
          Can it still be transferred by a new company.

Comment

Yes, another company can file a cap-exempt petition for you at any time.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Expired H1B Transfer

Thanks for the reply,

Wanted to add
              ......I got B1VISA stamped in 2009 and flew using this , however the Counselor stamped cancelled on my H1B VISA

Does it have an impact ?

Regards,

Comment

Any employer can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from your previous H1B approval notice (irrespective of whether it is currently valid or not as long as it was approved within the last 6 years). Once the petition gets aprpoved, you have to apply for the H1B visa again. If the H1B visa gets approved, you can travel to U.S. Your previous H1B visa in the passport is cancelled and you can no longer use that.

Originally posted by Nit View Post
                Thanks for the reply,

Wanted to add
                ......I got B1VISA stamped in 2009 and flew using this , however the Counselor stamped cancelled on my H1B VISA

Does it have an impact ?

Regards,
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X