Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if H1 Revoked

Hello,

Is there any way a person can come to know that the H1 revoking process has started ?

Cheers,

P.S: A new thread because this may help others
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

What kind of revoke are you talking about? The petition send for revoke by the employer or the revoke by USCIS (petition send for revoke by the consulate)?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      What kind of revoke are you talking about? The petition send for revoke by the employer or the revoke by USCIS (petition send for revoke by the consulate)?
      I am talking about the revoke that an employer can do.

Comment

Only the employer can tell you. Why do you want to know?
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Well, if you are no longer working for that employer, then this information is absolutely no use to you. Even if the employer revokes the petition, the CAP from that petition can still be used to file a new petition with a different employer to request an immediate start date. You don't have to go through quota again.

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
          I am talking about the revoke that an employer can do.

Comment

Well, if you are no longer working for that employer, then this information is absolutely no use to you. Even if the employer revokes the petition, the CAP from that petition can still be used to file a new petition with a different employer to request an immediate start date. You don't have to go through quota again.
            Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
            Only the employer can tell you. Why do you want to know?
            Well, I only wanted to know, in case one gets to work with a bunch of lunatics who will revoke your H1b, then what happens. So if there is a way one can know that his/her revoking is on the way, some urgent measures can be taken. What if the employer revokes the visa, on the last day, gives you the severence money, and a plane ticket. Then there is nothing one could do, right ?

Comment

Right, there is nothing much you can do in that case. If you fear your employer will terminate you without any further notice, then it is advisable to find a good employer and start the transfer process asap.

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
              Well, I only wanted to know, in case one gets to work with a bunch of lunatics who will revoke your H1b, then what happens. So if there is a way one can know that his/her revoking is on the way, some urgent measures can be taken. What if the employer revokes the visa, on the last day, gives you the severence money, and a plane ticket. Then there is nothing one could do, right ?

Comment

Right, there is nothing much you can do in that case. If you fear your employer will terminate you without any further notice, then it is advisable to find a good employer and start the transfer process asap.
                Thanks bro. Working on it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X