H1-B Case Not Found On USCIS.GOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Case Not Found On USCIS.GOV

I work for my employer who filed for my H1-B. I got a receipt from USCIS on April 12, 2012. When I logged into to check the status online, I see this message:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.
    Not sure what is going on here.

I called the customer care number, and they told me that they can only give further information to the attorney.

Did anyone else have the same experience? Is this normal? Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks!

The information in tracking system is not always up-to-date. There are cases which did not get into the tracking system or cases where the petition is approbed but the status still shows initial review even after 6 months. You cannot rely on the tracking system. Ask the attorney to follow up with USCIS.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      The information in tracking system is not always up-to-date. There are cases which did not get into the tracking system or cases where the petition is approbed but the status still shows initial review even after 6 months. You cannot rely on the tracking system. Ask the attorney to follow up with USCIS.
      I am just worried about my situation because it says case not found.

I spoke to the attorney, and she told me to hold on until next week. So I will call them back next Monday and see if something changes.

I will post the progress here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X