Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Information

Hello,

I have applied for my H1 and I should get an approval in couple of months. My wife is in India and I would like to call her on H4. Can she apply for H4 as soon as I get my H1 approval.

Thanks for spending time and replying back.
    Last edited by manit_84; 05-25-2012, 02:58 PM.

Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Yes.
      Thanks for the information and she can come to US as soon she gets the visa.

Comment

She can travel only on or after the H1B petition becomes effective.

Originally posted by manit_84 View Post
        Thanks for the information and she can come to US as soon she gets the visa.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          She can travel only on or after the H1B petition becomes effective.
          So when will a H1 petition become effective is it after October 1st you are saying.

Comment

And if she cant come on H4 before October can she apply for F2 once she gets H4 visa ?

Comment

If you have filed the H1B under a new CAP (2013), then it will be effective on or after Oct 1st 2012.

So when will a H1 petition become effective is it after October 1st you are saying.

Comment

Yes, she can. Her H4 visa in the passport will be cancelled when she appears for F2. Once she is in U.S, you have file a COS from F2 to H4. It is just waste of money.

And if she cant come on H4 before October can she apply for F2 once she gets H4 visa ?

Comment

Is there any way I can call her to US early ??

Comment

She can try and get a B2 visa. If it gets approved, she can travel to U.S. B2 is for tourism. She won't be stay for more than 6 months in B2.

Is there any way I can call her to US early ??

Comment

Hello Shervin,

Thanks for all the replies but I am really confused now man... I got my H1 approval and I have been asking around if my wife can go for H4 mid or end of July and no one has sure answer.

I am really confused what to do?? Please suggest.

Comment

She can appear for the H4 visa interview only 90 days prior to your H1B petition effective date. She will not be able to travel 10 days prior to the H1B petition effective date. If your petition is effective as of Oct 1st, then she can travel only after Sept 21.

Hello Shervin,

Thanks for all the replies but I am really confused now man... I got my H1 approval and I have been asking around if my wife can go for H4 mid or end of July and no one has sure answer.

I am really confused what to do?? Please suggest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X