Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less salary on the LCA, 8 years of experience for job level 1

Hi All,
    My initial H1B was stamped in Oct 2007 with job title "Programmer Analyst", job level 1. My extension was approved in June 2010 against the same job title and level.

I am going for my H1X stamping this week. My job role have changed over the period of time, I have 8 years of experience and my on paper salary in USA is more than the one mentioned on LCA.

Will this cause any issues during the stamping? Will 8 years of experience for job level 1 create any issues?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shirish

Getting paid more than the approved LCA is not an issue. If the job responsibilities have considerably changed, then a H1B amendment need to be filed. Check the below link.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Checking

Hi Shirish,

Wondering if you were able to get the stamping completed.
      I had my visa interview this week and the officer issued me a 221G with a requirement for new LCA as I have been working with the same company for about 4 years and my wage level should indicate 2 instead of 1. My employer is refusing to issue a new LCA as there is no necessity for the company to issue a new LCA unless there is a huge change in job responsibilities, in the same field.

Thanks,
      Nish

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X