Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 G Green Chennai, 6 months, Still waiting

Hi All,
    I went for interview for H1 stamping in Chennai on Dec 5th 2011 and VO asked me various questions (60 mins interview) and gave me a 221G Green.
    I submitted documents in Chennai by hand on Dec 6 and still waiting for reply from Consulate.
    I am planning to file a new petition for H1B Visa (I am working for Client from India, I can get client letter). If I file a new petition, does my old application expire.
    I mean to say, if I file a new H1 petition the old application (pending Administrative Processing application) expire(lapse)?
    Also, every time I contact VFS, they say my file is under administrative Processing. Can I contact US Consulte Chennai personally to enquire the status of my application?

Thank You
    Kumar
    Last edited by 221GQuery; 05-30-2012, 10:23 AM.

No. The old petition will remain valid until its expiry date or until revoked by your employer/USCIS.

Originally posted by 221GQuery View Post
    I am planning to file a new petition for H1B Visa (I am working for Client from India, I can get client letter). If I file a new petition, does my old application expire.
    I mean to say, if I file a new H1 petition the old application (pending Administrative Processing application) expire(lapse)?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Sherwin,
      Thank You for your reply.
      I have been waiting for 6 months for reply from consulate.
      Can I contact an attorney to speed up this process.
      Also please let me know if I can contact the US Embassy Chennai in person to enquire about my status.

Thank You
      Kumar

Comment

Can I contact an attorney to speed up this process.
        >>> It will not work. There is no way to speed up the admin processes. An attorney cannot help you here.

Also please let me know if I can contact the US Embassy Chennai in person to enquire about my status.
        >>> Yes.

Comment

Hi Sherwin,
          How do I proceed with contacting Consulate.
          Can I schedule an appointment with the Chennai embassy, if yes, please let me know how can I proceed with this.

Kumar

Comment

You either need to get their direct phone number to call or write a letter to the consulate (Not to VFS). You cannot schedule an appointment to enquire about your case.

Hi Sherwin,
            How do I proceed with contacting Consulate.
            Can I schedule an appointment with the Chennai embassy, if yes, please let me know how can I proceed with this.

Kumar

Comment

221g

What was the reason VO gave for handing over the 221G form to you?

Thanks
              Karthik

Comment

Karthik,
                I was told to submit some docs and VO gave my passport back.
                I submitted the document on the next day and I am still waiting for reply.

Kumar

Comment

@221GQuery,

I am in a similar situation since Dec.7th Visa interview. But first I was given yellow form and no documents asked and just now they emailed me green form to submit invitation letter, resume, travel info, etc.
                  What were the documents asked in the green form for you? and if you were asked invitation letter then what did you write in that letter? was it same as contract letter?

Thanks,
                  Piyush

Hi All,
                  I went for interview for H1 stamping in Chennai on Dec 5th 2011 and VO asked me various questions (60 mins interview) and gave me a 221G Green.
                  I submitted documents in Chennai by hand on Dec 6 and still waiting for reply from Consulate.
                  Also, every time I contact VFS, they say my file is under administrative Processing. Can I contact US Consulte Chennai personally to enquire the status of my application?

Thank You
                  Kumar

Comment

I was asked for employer related documents.

Comment

I am also in the similar case,where i have attended interview on 23rd Dec 2011 and got the 221g green, submitted the documents on 25th of Jan 2012, after a long wait 25th of April got one more 221g by asking similar kind of documents. I have submitted on 7th may.

If i check the status of my passport in VFS site, it is saying your passport is under processing at US consulate(past one month with the same status).

When i write an email to VFS, They have replied like Case is in administrative process no definite time limit for the case.

My question is how may times a case will got into the administrative process.

If any one have same kind of Exp, with the results please share US.

Thanks
                      Venkat

Comment

Hi did you took a appointment or called the Consulate to know about your status

Thanks

Comment

Got my visa approved today

Hi All,
                          I want to update my Visa experience so that this can help other.
                          Immihelp has helped me lot in getting my visa approved.
                          I came to India in 2011 and I went to stamping in Chennai in Dec 2011 and I got 221(g) green and I did not get any response from Consulate for 1 year.
                          Later I got an email as below(after 1 year of waiting)
                          Based on the documents Mr. xxxx submitted to us and the information elicited in his interview with an American consular officer, he was determined ineligible for an H1B work visa, and his petition was returned to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) on December x, 2012. Once KCC receives a petition, it is returned to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation. For any further enquiries contact USCIS , The USCIS office may be reached by fax at +91 11 24198730 or via e-mail at [email protected].

For 1 year I was working from home for my client and in December 2012 my client offered a Full time and filed a new petition for me.
                          I went for Visa stamping this month with new H1 petition and got my Visa approved.

VO asked me following questions:

1. What is your highest qualification
                          2. Did you complete Masters in US
                          3. Why are you planning to go to US
                          4. How do you know about your company
                          5. What is your salary
                          6. What is office address
                          7. Have you submitted all the docs required for 221g

And then asked me to give finger prints and then golden words 'Your visa is approved'.

Thank you
                          Kumar

Hi All,

Thank You
                          Kumar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X