H1B visa transfer and Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa transfer and Fee

can you please help me to know the below questions.

1) How much is the fee for H1B transfer normal and premium mode?
    2) I have H1B visa from company A and going to join Company B. And company B is going to file H1B transfer for me once i joined them. Is there any way for Company A to cancel my existing H1B visa ? If so will that impact my H1B transfer for Company B?

Thanks
    Panthal

1) How much is the fee for H1B transfer normal and premium mode?
    >>> The H1B petition fee differs from one employer to another. It depends on a lot of factors like size of the company, number of H1B employees etc. Look into the instruction to file form I-129 in uscis.gov website. In addition to that, the lawyer fee differs from one attorney to another. You need to check that with yor employer about the lawyer fee. The premium processing fee costs an additional $1250.

2) I have H1B visa from company A and going to join Company B. And company B is going to file H1B transfer for me once i joined them. Is there any way for Company A to cancel my existing H1B visa ? If so will that impact my H1B transfer for Company B?
    >>> You cannot join company B before the H1B transfer is filed (That is, if you are currently inside U.S). You should at least have the H1B receipt notice before you can join company B. What if the H1B transfer gets denied after you join Company B? It is advisable you join company B only after a successful transfer. Company A can revoke their petition anytime aftre you quit them. That will not have any impact as long as the transfer is filed before the revoke.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X