1 year clock reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 year clock reset

I have completed 5 years in US on L1B and returned back to India. My total stay in india now is 5 months. Iam planning to go back to US on H4 for a period of 3 months. When I return back to India after 3 months, will my 1 year clock reset back to zero or staying for remaining 7 months is sufficient.

In order for the H1B clock to reset, you need to completely stay away from U.S for 1 whole year. If enter U.S in H4, then the clock will not reset. Once you are back to your home country after yur H4 visit, you need to start the 1 year period again before you qualify for a fresh H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If enter U.S in H4, then the clock will not reset.
      I think what you mean is it will reset.
      Only short stays in B1/B2 Visa don't reset the 1 year clock.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I have completed 5 years on L1B and i am outside US in Canada (on Work Permit), My wife is in US on H1B - if i visit my wife every month for 3-4 days will it restart my one year outside US clock every time or simply i would have to spend those many extra days to make up for 365 days.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ7 View Post
          I have completed 5 years on L1B and i am outside US in Canada (on Work Permit), My wife is in US on H1B - if i visit my wife every month for 3-4 days will it restart my one year outside US clock every time or simply i would have to spend those many extra days to make up for 365 days.
          Short stays are fine. Yes, do stay that many days to make up the 365 days. Also, avoid this multiple times, and do keep proof of your entry and exit.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X