Revoked H1 petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revoked H1 petition

One employer filed H1 for me in 2009 and at that time I was India. It got approved. Because of recession impact I didn't attend the consular interview and after that I came to USA on L1 through different company. The employer told me that they revoked my H1 petition. I don't know what does it mean. I have the receipt number of that H1.
    Here my question is.. can I use that H1 receipt number now and change to H1 here through different employer so that I can not bother about the H1 quota because I was counted already in H1 quota in last 6 years?

In principle, yes, you can do that. You are counted under the H1 cap in the last 6 years and so you will be cap-exempt. But some employers will need to see a copy of the approval notice, although receipt number is technically sufficient. You can get a total of 6 years stay in the US minus any time spent in the US in L1 status.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      In principle, yes, you can do that. You are counted under the H1 cap in the last 6 years and so you will be cap-exempt. But some employers will need to see a copy of the approval notice, although receipt number is technically sufficient. You can get a total of 6 years stay in the US minus any time spent in the US in L1 status.
      Hello, Thank you for immediate response. Can I start working immediately on the H1 if I get the status change approval? Or do I need to wait till Oct 1st?

Comment

The H1 employer can request an immediate start date. But remember once change of status is approved, you must work for the H1 employer immediately.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X