Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa - Passport received for my son but NOT for me...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - Passport received for my son but NOT for me...!

Hi,

Please share your thoughts and suggestions.
    Myself and my son together appeared for H4 visa interview on 29th May 2012. We started tracking the passports and next day itself (30th May 2012), my son's passport was handed over to VFS but for me still it says 'The Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.'

I have contacted VFS helpline and got reply as sometimes it may take 2-3 days.
    I am worried about my passport status, as we both went together for the interview. Is there anything I need to do?

Please advice, as we planned to travel USA coming Monday (4th June 2012) and I have left with one more working day only to collect my passport.

Thanks,
    Suresh.

Hi,

Someone please advice/share your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Suresh.

Comment

It takes 2 weeks to get the passport. There is no point hitting the panic button before that. There is no necessary to get both your son's passport and your passport stamped at the same day. And there are times when the information gets updated online. Wait for at least 2 weeks.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

2 weeks...! I thought its H4 and we get within couple of days..and we made plans already.!

Comment

It doesn't matter what kind of visa you are applying. It take 2 weeks to stamp the visa and get it delivered via courier.

Originally posted by sureshimmi View Post
          2 weeks...! I thought its H4 and we get within couple of days..and we made plans already.!
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Servin,

Thanks for your replies. I tracked my passport today and it was given to VFS. I went in directly to VFS and collected my passport. End of wait and tension.!

-Suresh.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X