Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) for H-1B Extension Ottawa Embassy

Hi,

Hope all are well. Wanted to share my experience and get feedback on what others think and if people have been in a similar situation. I had an interview at the Ottawa embassy on May 23rd 2012 for H-1B visa stamp. My interview lasted 2 minutes. Visa officer asked me about the nature of my job. I explained. He then asked my status in Canada. I said visit visa for the H-1B stamping purpose. Next he said your papers look just fine but we do need to do some administrative processing and don't know how long it will take but we will inform you via email. He kept my passport, returned my I-797 approval letter and handed me a blue slip (221g). It's May 31st now I am still waiting for any contact.

My status in U.S. is as follows:
    I have gotten two graduate degrees from U.S schools, MS and MBA. I have been living in US first on F1 and than on H1B for the past 11 years and have maintained my status legally throughout. I have been working for the current company for 4 years and am a direct hire. Got a visa stamp for 3 years at the same embassy in 2008 and had to wait for 9 days for administrative processing before I got my visa. I do not work for a consulting firm, the company is one of the leading IT Market research firm in the world and based out of Boston, MA where I live.
    Last year my company filed for my Green Card as well as one year H-1B extension beyond the initial 6 years of H-1B. On that extended H-1B I just applied for the visa stamp. In addition, in March 2012 I got my I-140 petition approved on EB-3 so I recently went through complete background check which I assume is a requirement for any immigration process. I travel for work to Europe at least once a year and never had any issues with security clearance or anything.

Has anyone been under the same immigration status and had to wait or is waiting for administrative processing in Canada for H-1B visa stamp? I was expecting two weeks tops for the wait and I know I have few days left but getting concerned. I thought given that I have my I-140 approved, I won't have to go through the Admin processing again.
    Any comments, feedback would be appreciated. This is frustrating, tough for my family back in the States and very scary knowing there is no limit to the wait time.

Thanks all!

Originally posted by alizottawa View Post
    Hi,

Hope all are well. Wanted to share my experience and get feedback on what others think and if people have been in a similar situation. I had an interview at the Ottawa embassy on May 23rd 2012 for H-1B visa stamp. My interview lasted 2 minutes. Visa officer asked me about the nature of my job. I explained. He then asked my status in Canada. I said visit visa for the H-1B stamping purpose. Next he said your papers look just fine but we do need to do some administrative processing and don't know how long it will take but we will inform you via email. He kept my passport, returned my I-797 approval letter and handed me a blue slip (221g). It's May 31st now I am still waiting for any contact.

My status in U.S. is as follows:
    I have gotten two graduate degrees from U.S schools, MS and MBA. I have been living in US first on F1 and than on H1B for the past 11 years and have maintained my status legally throughout. I have been working for the current company for 4 years and am a direct hire. Got a visa stamp for 3 years at the same embassy in 2008 and had to wait for 9 days for administrative processing before I got my visa. I do not work for a consulting firm, the company is one of the leading IT Market research firm in the world and based out of Boston, MA where I live.
    Last year my company filed for my Green Card as well as one year H-1B extension beyond the initial 6 years of H-1B. On that extended H-1B I just applied for the visa stamp. In addition, in March 2012 I got my I-140 petition approved on EB-3 so I recently went through complete background check which I assume is a requirement for any immigration process. I travel for work to Europe at least once a year and never had any issues with security clearance or anything.

Has anyone been under the same immigration status and had to wait or is waiting for administrative processing in Canada for H-1B visa stamp? I was expecting two weeks tops for the wait and I know I have few days left but getting concerned. I thought given that I have my I-140 approved, I won't have to go through the Admin processing again.
    Any comments, feedback would be appreciated. This is frustrating, tough for my family back in the States and very scary knowing there is no limit to the wait time.

Thanks all!
    Hello alizottawa
    How long did it take for you to get 221G cleared from Ottawa?
    I have been given 221G blue sheet and waiting for last one month.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi PMPM & alizottawa,
      Pls. share your Ottawa stamping experience. i am planning to go Ottawa for H1b stamping.
      Your experience will help us to make right decision.

Regards,
      srp26

Comment

Originally posted by srp26 View Post
        Hi PMPM & alizottawa,
        Pls. share your Ottawa stamping experience. i am planning to go Ottawa for H1b stamping.
        Your experience will help us to make right decision.

Regards,
        srp26
        Hi Srp26

I applied for H4 but followed some H1 cases in parallel for Ottawa embassy during that time. Myself and few H1 cases at that time got their visa stamped in 5-6 weeks. After my interview followed by 221G-blue sheet (I sent the required documents as asked on 221G online), I did not hear anything for whole 4 weeks and then suddenly after 4 weeks there was a change on CEAC status. Earlier it was 'admin processing' and after 4 weeks the status date got updated. On 5th week CEAC status changed to 'issued' and I received e-mail from embassy that I should sent my passport by mail. Next week I got an email that I should pick it up from the courier office. So altogether it took me 5-6 weeks to get my passport back.

Follow up this link for details. http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...highlight=pmpm

Also while waiting, I called this number for any inquiry 613-688-5335. This is Ottawa number. A nice lady answered my calls.
        Hope this helps and all the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X