Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Transfer

Hello All,

I am looking to transfer my H1b to Employer B, but my extension is currently under process from Employer A. I have a valid H1b till october 2012. Please share your thoughts if I can transfer my H1-B in next 1-2 months or have to wait till my H1b extension is approved.

Thank You.

Extension can be file. If you currently have a valid I-94, then no issues. Botth extension and transfer can be filed at the same time. If you currently don't have a valid I-94, then the transfer has to be filed base don the pending extension. In which case, the trasfer will not get approved (with a new I-94) unless the extension gets approved. If that is the case, search and read about bridging. It is not advisable to join the new employer until the trasfer gets approved with a new I-94.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, can you please confirm that: if i have a valid i94 i can transfer and apply the extension with a new employer say B, irrespective of my extension status with employer A.

Thank You

Comment

Confirmed.

Originally posted by KV8 View Post
        Thanks for the reply, can you please confirm that: if i have a valid i94 i can transfer and apply the extension with a new employer say B, irrespective of my extension status with employer A.

Thank You
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X