H4 stamping query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping query

Hi, My wife and kid will be attending H4 interview soon with my 797 which will expire in July 29th(next month)...after that we do not have extension as of now and theoritically we will be returning by that time.

1. will the VO question my wife about why she wants to go back to US with just only a month left and that since the entire family has to return to India in a months time anyway? or will it not matter to VO as she can legally go to US even though it is for only 1 month?

2. we thought if such a question arises, to inform the VO that she wants to return to US as we found there is no extension after July and hence we have to lot of things to packup (2 kids and stayed for 6 yrs) and sell in time and return back to India before July 29th..is this a fair explanation?

1. will the VO question my wife about why she wants to go back to US with just only a month left and that since the entire family has to return to India in a months time anyway? or will it not matter to VO as she can legally go to US even though it is for only 1 month?
    >>> The VO may or may not question about it. Your dependents are allowed to apply for the visa as long as your I-797 is valid. In case of a 221g, the chances of they getting the visa before your petition expiry date is very less. Instead of waiting until the last minute, ask your employer to file the extension asap. You should at least know by now whether they are going to file the extension or not. It is risky to file the extension at the last minute and wait without a valid I-94 hoping the extension will get approved. If it gets denied, then the time spend in U.S without a valid I-94 will be treated as illegal stay.

2. we thought if such a question arises, to inform the VO that she wants to return to US as we found there is no extension after July and hence we have to lot of things to packup (2 kids and stayed for 6 yrs) and sell in time and return back to India before July 29th..is this a fair explanation?
    >>> Yes. If you have plans to visit some places in U.S before you return back to India, then you can explain that as well.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks for that added suggestion on answering the question..very logical and would definetly make sense to the VO as well and perfectly acceptable on why she wants to return for a month

at this point we are staring no further extension, we are at mercy of PERM...so if there is a 221g by VO then she cannot make it as you said...can I ask what are chances for 221g in H4 case?...I have been searching the threads for a while now and did not see a post of 221g on H4 recently which , makes me assume it is rare unless there is something imp missing unlike H1B

I have all original docs ready, paystubs, w2's bankstatements, even client letter from my boss, they got stamped twice in the past also..everything listed on ur website...can you please tell me based on ur exp if she is good to be stamped?..I would really appreciate it
      Last edited by gkr747; 06-04-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

The chances of a 221g for H4 are less compared to H1B. However, you cannot completely rule it out. There are cases where the H4 holder has received 221g for additional admin processing. Having all the documents in order will help reduce 221g.

Comment

H4 dOCUMENTATION

hi Guys ,

my wife will be applying for a H4 visa in about 2 weeks .. can someone give me a list of what documents she should carry with her to the interview

thanks

varun

Comment

Originally posted by damiendevlon View Post
            hi Guys ,

my wife will be applying for a H4 visa in about 2 weeks .. can someone give me a list of what documents she should carry with her to the interview

thanks

varun
            Documents to the interview

if they are attending at mumbai or hyderbad, they also need to submit some docs in advance

can you tell me where they are attending so that I can message you?..my family is also going in 3 weeks

Comment

Shrevin/anyone,

In the H4 checklist..for advance doc submission in Hyderbad, it is mentioned as need to be submitted 4 business days in advance...but I have just taken an appointment for H4 in hyderbad and the appointment letter states docs have be submitted "3 to 5" business days in advance?..For the 28th appointment, it clearly says in the letter I can submit on 21, 22 or 25th...I would logically go with what it states on it but wanted to check here if something has changed recently?

Comment

I don't think anything has really changed. I would go with what is mentioned in your appointment letter.

Originally posted by gkr747 View Post
                Shrevin/anyone,

In the H4 checklist..for advance doc submission in Hyderbad, it is mentioned as need to be submitted 4 business days in advance...but I have just taken an appointment for H4 in hyderbad and the appointment letter states docs have be submitted "3 to 5" business days in advance?..For the 28th appointment, it clearly says in the letter I can submit on 21, 22 or 25th...I would logically go with what it states on it but wanted to check here if something has changed recently?

Comment

my wife and kids are attending H4 stamping in Hyderbad soon..I am in US and not attending..I work in EVC model.

1. will the VO ask a dependant for client letter/vendor letter of mine when I am not attending?

2. if yes, then does my wife need to carry Client letter or Vendor letter or both???..

Comment

1. will the VO ask a dependant for client letter/vendor letter of mine when I am not attending?
                    >>> Yes, they can.

2. if yes, then does my wife need to carry Client letter or Vendor letter or both???..
                    >>> Client, vendor and your employment verification letter. All 3 are required. Make sure the client and the vendor clearly specify in their letter that you are being managed by your employer (to prove employee/employer relationship).

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                      >>> Yes, they can.

>>> Client, vendor and your employment verification letter. All 3 are required. Make sure the client and the vendor clearly specify in their letter that you are being managed by your employer (to prove employee/employer relationship).
                      Can you provide me with the link to sample client letter on immihelp.com with the format establishing EE relation?..I searched the sample docs but could not find it

PS: I have a client letter stating that I employed with ABC company and that I do not belong to the client and client does not pay me directly...will that be enough to establish EE relation? or more is needed?

Comment

pm me ur email address i will forward u what i have .

Originally posted by gkr747 View Post
                        Can you provide me with the link to sample client letter on immihelp.com with the format establishing EE relation?..I searched the sample docs but could not find it

PS: I have a client letter stating that I employed with ABC company and that I do not belong to the client and client does not pay me directly...will that be enough to establish EE relation? or more is needed?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X