Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa processing chennai consulate

Hello,

I had my visa interview on 7th of may. Officer told me I'll approve your visa and if we require any additional documentation we will get back to you. It has been a month now. I didn't recieve any E-mail from the consulate asking for additional documentation. VFS website says my passport is under review with the consulate. Any one in the same boat or any thoughts on how long it might take?

Thanks

Not new. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing. Sometimes the application will go in admin processing after a successful visa interview. The timeline cannot be predicted as they are case by case basis.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My case is different.
      I'm staying in US on I-94 (valid- May 2013). In January 2011 my employer sent a H1B cancellation notice to consulate for some of their employees who left the organization and erroneously included my name in that list even though I am working in their office. They only realized it in Feb 2012 (recently) while they were trying to consolidate their systems and records. Once they realized the mistake they immediately discussed with me and filed for H1B under premium process to be retroactive (Nunc Pro Tunc Request). My petition was approved but they didn’t issue me an I 94. So, I have been asked to go to consulate in my homeland to get it rectified. All along I have been working and was getting paid for my duties.

I had my visa interview on 7th of may.At the interview time interviewer have taken client letter and Attorney letter and he reviewed my paystubs and W2 form and etc.
      Officer told me I'll approve your visa and if we require any additional documentation we will get back to you. It has been a month now. I didn't recieve any E-mail from the consulate asking for additional documentation. VFS website says my passport is under review with the consulate.

Any one in the same boat or any thoughts on how long it might take?

Comment

From consulate's stand point, all admin processing cases are the same. They don;t always need you to submit additional documents. They sometime go ahead with the admin processing with the documents that you have already provided. No one can predict the time frame for an admin processing as they are case by case basis.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X