Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1b COS without I797 - approval notice copy

Hello!

This is Vipul from USA. I have been in USA for 3+ years on L1B visa.
    Last year my L1B extension was applied and it was approved till Dec-2013.

My current employer has applied for H1b Normal (without COS) on May-2012.
    I can see receipt # provided on Intranet site.

But do not see original receipt notice uploaded on intranet. I assume they are not providing those documents to employee.

Now my question is :-

1) if H1b petition is approved; Can other employer file L1 to H1b COS based on approved petition(cap-exempt) by current employer?

2) If I don't have copy of receipt notice or approval notice; does it work with only receipt #?

3) Is there any option; I can bypass my current employer and get duplicate approval notice from USCIS?

Thanks for your valuable advice in advance.

-Vipul

1. Yes
    2. Yes. New employer will be skeptical to invest $$$ on you without knowing if you are really the person that holds the H1b behind that receipt number.
    3. No

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

@txh1b,
      Thanks.

2) May be silly question :- Is there any way to know that receipt # belongs to me?
      or
      How to convince future employer?

-Vipul

Comment

Unfortunately, no. You can ask your company to provide you a copy of the receipt from USCIS which may be safe to ask as they will not suspect that you will quit .An approval notice will be much better but may raise red flags about your stay at the company..

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

@txh1b,

Yes; it seems good approach. Let me try over few days. I will keep you updated.

-Vipul

Comment

Did it worked

Hi Vipul,

I have a very similar case where I was on L1B and my current employer filed H1B without COS. H1B petition got approved. My current employer is not willing to give me the approved Petition. I only have the receipt number.
            Can u please tell, whether you were able to make a move. Thanks for you help.

Originally posted by vipul4group View Post
            @txh1b,

Yes; it seems good approach. Let me try over few days. I will keep you updated.

-Vipul

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X