PIMS Verification at chennai consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIMS Verification at chennai consulate

I have attended H1B stamping on 25th May 2012 along with my dependant son (h4). The Visa officer told me that my visa is approved and will receive the passport in a couple of days.

When I had contacted the consulate, the rep said 'PIMS Verification'

It has been 9 working days and I haven't received the passport. Mine is a fresh H1

The status at VFS is ' Your passport is under process in the US Consulate\Embassy'

Anyone had similar experiences

AA
    Last edited by visa_H1b2012; 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM.

This is not new. Search and read the posts on PIMS. It will take anywhere between 2-4 weeks to get the PIMS verified. It use to take only 10 days before. In recent times, it is taking a bit more than that.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the information

Is there any way to contact PIMS department directly apart from consulate or DOS

Comment

No. The consulate would have already requested them to upload your soft copy of the approval notice to PIMS and you don't have to do anything.

Originally posted by visa_H1b2012 View Post
        Thank you for the information

Is there any way to contact PIMS department directly apart from consulate or DOS

Comment

[email protected]

Can we send a mail to [email protected] directly to verify if our petetion is uploaded or not

Comment

Yes. No harm in trying.

Can we send a mail to [email protected] directly to verify if our petetion is uploaded or not

Comment

Did u get the visa??

I am waiting for PIMS from June 28 ,chennai consulate.Dos confirms pims is updated but sill no news from Chennai consulate.
              Did u get the visa,as u are waiting from MAY,i wanted to know

Comment

I tried this option in March but got below response after few days.

You have reached an internal Department of State mailbox.

No replies will be made to non-US Government inquirers.

Non-USG inquirers should contact USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

Kentucky Consular Center

email: [email protected]

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Privacy/PII
                This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Only option left is to just wait it out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X