Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required for list of documents

Hi All,

I got my H1 stamped last year august back in India. But after that I am working in London since last 9 months on work permit. I recently got my dependent's visa stamped in london only.

Now next week we are planning to travel to USA for first time.

Can you please let me know what all documents I need to carry to avoid any problem at immigration?

Also I have below special scenario
    1. My H1 was stamped in India but I am traveling to US from London
    2. Since last 9 months I am working London on work permit
    3. My H1 expires in next 3 months Sept 2012.

Do I need to take any precautionary steps because of above three points? Would any of above points create issue?

Thanks,
    Jenish

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have client letter. Would my LCA do in this case? Also can you reply to my other confusion?

Do I need to take any precautionary steps because of above three points? Would any of above points create issue?

Thanks,
    Jenish

Comment

I do not have client letter. Would my LCA do in this case? Also can you reply to my other confusion?
      >>> LCA will not do. You will either need the client letter or the SOW between the client and your employer. Client letter will add more value than the SOW. The officer at the U.S immigration may or may not ask for it. But if they ask and if you don't have it, then it can be a problem. It is advisable to carry it.

>>> No issues. You will need the latest employment verification letter from your employer and the client letter (if you will be working at the client place). Since you only have 3 months left in your approval notice, you all will get only 3 months of I-94 and will have to file the extension of status immediately upon reaching U.S. The best option is to file the extension and travel when the extension gets approved. That way, you will get an I-94 matching your extended petition.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X