New immigration law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New immigration law

Hi, My son came here to the USA when he was 14 years old and he has been living in the USA for 8 years.He is on F1 visa and he is a freshman in a university in Wisconsin paying non-resident tuition fees. I am just wondering whether my son benefits from the new changes in immigration announced today by the President.
    Thanks

What kind of benefit are you asking about? Is your son an illegal imigrant? If yes and if he meets the below criteria, he will be eligible to be taken off the deportation list for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.

Here is the eligibility criteria:

1) The person came to the United States when he/she is under the age of sixteen.
    2) The person has resided in U.S. continuously for the last five years and is currently residing in U.S.
    3) The person is currently going to school (or) has graduated from high school (or) has received a GED (or) is an honorably discharged U.S. veteran.
    4) The person has not been convicted of a serious criminal offense.
    5) The person is currently under thirty years of age.
    Last edited by shervin143; 06-15-2012, 07:58 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

He is under F1 student visa and paying non resident tuition fees in college. My question is if he get work visa under this law, is he eligible for state tuition fees?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X