Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Travel to USA with Old company Visa

Hi,

I have Visa stamping upto Sept 2012 on our passport with old company ABC for my kid and wife.

And they have I94 valid upto Dec 2015 on H4 797 documents with my New Company XYZ.

Currently, they are in india for vacation, Can they travel back to USA with old company ABC VISA?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,
    Srini.

Yes. They need to carry I797 of new company and show it at port of entry to get a new I-94 that is valid until the petition validity of the new company. In the absence of it, they will give I-94 till DOE of visa and you will have to file for an extension as soon as they enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can I give Xerox/Print out of New Company I797 to my family for Port of Entry? so that they will new I94 with new validity?

Comment

Original I-797 is required. It is not worth taking the chance with a photocopy.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X