Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unused H1B in passport - Ok to enter the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused H1B in passport - Ok to enter the US?

My family's passports all carry H1B visas which expire on Dec 31 2013. We received these visas through my former employer but never used them since I decided to quit my job prior to moving to the United States. I.e. we never moved.

We are travelling to the US on holiday on July 4th
    Question: is it a problem that our passports contain these non-utilized visas?

What are you trying to ask? Are you asking if you can enter U.S for tourism in H1B/H4 visas? The answer is NO. If yu want to enter U.S for vacation, then you all need to get B2 visa stamped in the passport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Unused H1B in passport - Ok to enter the US?

Apologies for note being clear enough.

I'm a Swedish citizen and normally I should be able to enter for tourism by submitting the ESTA.

My question is whether I'll have problems at the border if the officer notices our unused H1Bs which expire in 2013? (I have submitted the ESTA and will enter on a tourism visa waiver)

Comment

Absolutely no issues. There is no compulsion that one should travel to U.S in the visa obtained.

Originally posted by aleksao View Post
        Apologies for note being clear enough.

I'm a Swedish citizen and normally I should be able to enter for tourism by submitting the ESTA.

My question is whether I'll have problems at the border if the officer notices our unused H1Bs which expire in 2013? (I have submitted the ESTA and will enter on a tourism visa waiver)
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X