Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B transfer

Hello,

I am looking for answers to a couple of questions with reference to a H-1B transfer. I am currently on L-1 visa for Company A. Company A processed my H-1B visa this year and I have received an approval on the same. The H-1B visa is valid from October 1, 2012.

Recently, I have been given an opportunity to work with Company B.
    1. Can I transfer my H-1B visa right now (July)?
    2. When can Company B file for my H-1B transfer? Do I have to wait till December to receive my 3 pay stubs from Company A under H-1B status?
    3. I already am receiving pay stubs from Company A under L-1 visa status. In that case, can Company B apply for my H-1B transfer in October?

I would highly appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

>>> Yes.

2. When can Company B file for my H-1B transfer?
    >>> Anytime.

Do I have to wait till December to receive my 3 pay stubs from Company A under H-1B status?
    >>> Not required.

3. I already am receiving pay stubs from Company A under L-1 visa status. In that case, can Company B apply for my H-1B transfer in October?
    >>> Yes. They can even apply now. But you cannot work for them until the H1B effective date (Oct 1st).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Shervin - appreciate the quick response.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Yes.

2. When can Company B file for my H-1B transfer?
      >>> Anytime.

Do I have to wait till December to receive my 3 pay stubs from Company A under H-1B status?
      >>> Not required.

>>> Yes. They can even apply now. But you cannot work for them until the H1B effective date (Oct 1st).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X