Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa to H1-B Visa

Hello,

My H1-B Visa has been initiated by my employer and has been filed with the authorities-USCIS on 5th June 2012. It is currently under process. I understand from my employer that it would take about 16-20 weeks to receive the approval/rejection status on visa processing by USCIS as the visa has been filed under normal processing (not premium processing)

Currently my spouse's L1-B Visa has been initiated by his employer, and his L1-B Visa has been approved. Can I apply/appear for L2 visa while my H1-B Visa is under process with USCIS?
    What are the chances of Visa Officer rejecting my L2 visa as my H1-B is under process?

If I travel on L2 visa, can I come back to India for H1-B stamping once it is approved and re-enter US on H1B Visa? If so, will my L2 visa get cancelled at that time?
    If I hold L2 visa will I still be granted H1-B Visa?

Thank you,
    Sahana Nadig

Currently my spouse's L1-B Visa has been initiated by his employer, and his L1-B Visa has been approved. Can I apply/appear for L2 visa while my H1-B Visa is under process with USCIS?
    >>> Yes.

What are the chances of Visa Officer rejecting my L2 visa as my H1-B is under process?
    >>> That is never a reason for rejection.

If I travel on L2 visa, can I come back to India for H1-B stamping once it is approved and re-enter US on H1B Visa?
    >>> Yes. The employer can also file a COS from L2 to H1B while you are in U.S and if it gets approved, you can start working.

If so, will my L2 visa get cancelled at that time?
    >>> Most likely, YES.

If I hold L2 visa will I still be granted H1-B Visa?
    >>> If you have all the documents for getting the H1B stamped, then YES.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X