Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling outside the US on L1B after H1B has been approved

Hello,

I am currently working for my employer on a L1B visa. My company wanted me to change my status from L1B to H1B this year (2012) and filed a H1B petition on my behalf which has been approved with an effective start date of Oct. 1, 2012.

I need to travel to India in the Aug. - Sep. 2012 time-frame for personal (non work-related) reasons. I know for sure that I will be returning back to the US before Sep. 30, 2012.

a. As I will be re-entering the US before my H1B visa kicks-in, do I still need to get my H1B visa stamped in India?

b.As I understand, since my L1B visa will be valid till Sep. 30, 2012 and I will be re-entering the US before Oct. 1, 2012, I will not need to get my H1B visa stamped even though my change of status has already been approved. Please let me know if I am correct or not.

c. The same holds true for my spouse who is currently on a L2 visa and whose status will change to H4. My spouse will also be able to exit and re-enter the US prior to Oct. 1, 2012 on the L2 visa, is that correct?

I'll really appreciate if if someone can answer my questions and get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X