H1 Transfer and travelling with Previous Company Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and travelling with Previous Company Visa

I work for Company A and the H1 Petition filed by Company A for me has been approved and got my H1 Visa stamped with the Company A name in it.

Suppose, if i get a job with Company B and i am transferring this H1 to the new company. Is it possible for Company A to cancel my H1B Petition & Visa and not allowing me to travel through Company B even if i have transferred the petition to Company B. Is there a least amount of possibility for this. Also note that the Company A have filed the petititon in BEP mode.

If this is not possible, Can i travel to US with the transferred petition of Company B but with the Visa which has Company A name in it. Or I need to appear for Visa Interview again with the petition of Company B. Please clarify.

Originally posted by prof1252 View Post
    I work for Company A and the H1 Petition filed by Company A for me has been approved and got my H1 Visa stamped with the Company A name in it.

Suppose, if i get a job with Company B and i am transferring this H1 to the new company. Is it possible for Company A to cancel my H1B Petition & Visa and not allowing me to travel through Company B even if i have transferred the petition to Company B. Is there a least amount of possibility for this. Also note that the Company A have filed the petititon in BEP mode.

If this is not possible, Can i travel to US with the transferred petition of Company B but with the Visa which has Company A name in it. Or I need to appear for Visa Interview again with the petition of Company B. Please clarify.
    afaik, BEP is just a letter. To answer your question, if your travelling into US before the expiry date on the visa in your passport (with company A's name on it), you just need to carry the petition and relevant documents from company B along with you. You will need to go for an interview only if you are not on the payrolls of company A and are travelling to US after the expiry date on your visa. As a matter of fact, you will need another stamp anyway if you are travelling after the expiry date.
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Can H1 Petition be made Void by the company

Is there any possiblity for Company A to cancel my H1B Petition & Visa and not allowing me to travel through Company B even if i have transferred the petition to Company B thereby forcing me to undergo a new H1B Cap. Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by prof1252 View Post
        Is there any possiblity for Company A to cancel my H1B Petition & Visa and not allowing me to travel through Company B even if i have transferred the petition to Company B thereby forcing me to undergo a new H1B Cap. Please advise.
        So whatever we say as a transfer, in reality is a new petition. Just that you are not counted in the CAP. So whatever company A does, is irrelevant. If you have a valid petition with company B and a valid stamp in your passport, you are good.
        This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

H4 Visa transfer

I have similar question related to this thread.

I did visa my stamping for company A with my wifes h4 visa. Now i am in usa and my wife in india. Here i am planning to change my job for company B.They will transfer my visa in premium process.

after visa transfer i am planning to get my wife here so that did she need to go visa stamping again or she will carry same stamped h4 visa for company A and carry my company B petition.

expert please advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X