Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Petition transfer - Approval Notice

Hi

My H1B was applied in Aug 2010 and I got I-797 approval on Oct 2010. But then I moved to another company. Now I would like to know if I can transfer my petition but before that I would like to know where I can go and find approval notice

In USCIS website, I could see message as 'On October 20, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER' but I'm not sure where can I find the approval notice (to check for the validity). I didn't get any soft copy of the approval notice in mail

Could anyone please let me know if this is valid and I can transfer my petition?

Thanks
    Visaka

It should with your sponsoring company. Generally USCIS sent it to the attorney's address and then the employer takes it from him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse View Post
      It should with your sponsoring company. Generally USCIS sent it to the attorney's address and then the employer takes it from him/her.
      Thanks for your inputs. Now is that a problem if I need to apply for petition transfer to my current company? Do I need approval notice?

Is there any other way to find the validity of my petition?

Comment

It is not a petition transfer. Petition is specific to each employer and for each job position. Since you had an approved H1 within the past 6 year, you are eligible to apply for a new H1 petition without cap. That means, you do not need to wait for April 1 to submit the petition and no need to wait till Oct to travel.
        You can check with your new employer to see whether they can consider the receipt number to file the new petition as cap exempt.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X