H1 to H4 to H1 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 to H1 transfer

I have valid H1 till Sept 2012. I want to convert to H4 visa since my project is getting over in July end. Visit India on H4. And join my husband after six months on H4. Also want to know how difficult is for me to switch back again to H1 from H4 while staying in us.

When are you planning to visit India? If it is immediately following your last working day, then there is no point in filing the H4 COS. Also, it is not advisable to leave the country when the COS to H4 is in progress. So it all comes down to when you are planning to leave the country. If you are planning on stop working and be on H4 status in U.S for sometime and wait until the COS to H4 gets approved and then leave the country, then you can go ahead and file the COS. If you are planning to leave immediately following your last working date, then no need to file the COS. Get the H4 visa stamped in India and return back in H4 visa. You can file the COS from H4 to H1B anytime when you are in U.S. You cannot work until the COS to H1B gets approved. There is a premium process for the COS to H1B that will get you the result within 15 days.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have valid H1 till Sept 2012. I want to convert to H4 visa since my project is getting over in July end. Visit India on H4. And join my husband after six months on H4. Also want to know how difficult is for me to switch back again to H1 from H4 while staying in us.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X