Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previously in L1B Currently In H1 Visa -Eligibility years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previously in L1B Currently In H1 Visa -Eligibility years?

Hi,

My husband got his new H1 Visa in October 2011,previously he was in U.S with L1B visa from November 2008 to September 2011 and got the H1B visa with in a month time.So this past L1 Visa(3 years) will be clubed or counted for the eligibility of 6 years stay remaining in H1B Visa or he have the full eligibility of 6 years for this new H1 visa,Please post the answer.

Thanks for your effort in advance

Nicky

Originally posted by Nicky paul View Post
    Hi,

My husband got his new H1 Visa in October 2011,previously he was in U.S with L1B visa from November 2008 to September 2011 and got the H1B visa with in a month time.So this past L1 Visa(3 years) will be clubed or counted for the eligibility of 6 years stay remaining in H1B Visa or he have the full eligibility of 6 years for this new H1 visa,Please post the answer.

Thanks for your effort in advance

Nicky
    L1+H1 can only be for 6 Years. In this case his 3 Years L1 stay would be counted and his current H1 will be valid for 3 years. If you need a fresh 6 years stay he needs to stay outside US for a continuous period of 1 Year. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,hope this is correct

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X