Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 or B1 stamping first??

Immigration Forums:

I am currently in India on H4 status, but I haven't got the H4 stamped in my passport. Yet to go for stamping.

My husband has applied for our Green Card and PD is August 2010.

I did not get H1 and didn't want to have a very long break in my career.

So until we get our Green card I am temporarily working in India and my company wants to send me to USA on B1 visa.

Option 1: Is it safe to go for B1 visa stamping before the H4 visa stamping?

Once I travel on B1 and come back and then go for H4 stamping, will it be a problem?

Option 2: If I go for H4 visa stamping first, get the H4 stamped and then go for B1 visa stamping,

then will my H4 visa be cancelled?

Eventually I want to retain my H4 status and want to go to US when the PD is current and apply for GC.

So please let me know which one should I get stamped first B1 or H4?

Option 1: Is it safe to go for B1 visa stamping before the H4 visa stamping?
    >>> If the reason for traveling in B1 is genuine, then no issues.

Once I travel on B1 and come back and then go for H4 stamping, will it be a problem?
    >>> No.

Option 2: If I go for H4 visa stamping first, get the H4 stamped and then go for B1 visa stamping, then will my H4 visa be cancelled?
    >>> They can. It depends on the VO.

So please let me know which one should I get stamped first B1 or H4?
    >>> I you want to enter U.S for business (attending meeting, training etc) then get the B1 stamped. If you want to enter U.S and be a dependent, then get the H4 stamped.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X