Start date of h4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start date of h4 visa

My wife and kid's went to Hyderabad for stamping H4 after I got 3 years extension (old h1 was valid till october 2012). My wife has already having h4 visa stamp till October 2012. My kid is just 9 months old. The interviewer asked about my old h1 original which was valid till October 2012. My wife said she already got stamped tyill october. Somehow they said the visa is approved.

Now my question is What wil be the start date of my son's H4? Is ti going to start from the day it is approved or they are going to start from October (it'll be tragic for me as I've to wait till october)? Anyone has gone through similar experience? Please provide your input.

Generally there is no start date. You won't have to wait long to know anyway. They will soon receive the passport back.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Like mentioned, there will no start date on the visa. It will only have the expiry date. However, if your dependents use only the new approval notice to re-enter U.S, they can enter only 10 days prior to the extended H1B approval effective date (effective date will be mentioned in your H1B approval notice). If they want to enter early, then they will need to carry your old as well as the new approval notice and they should make sure the I-94 is issued till the extened petition expiry date (advisable to check and get it corrected before they leave the POE).
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your information. Yeah, I relaized by looking at old h4 visas and they dont have a start date. I'll send my existing h1 overnight so that no issue at POE. Is there anything else I am missing?

Comment

That is pretty much it. Your spouse will need to carry the original marriage certificate and your kid's birth certificate. Also a latest employment verification letter from your employer will help.

Originally posted by sril77 View Post
          Thanks for your information. Yeah, I relaized by looking at old h4 visas and they dont have a start date. I'll send my existing h1 overnight so that no issue at POE. Is there anything else I am missing?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

hi all,
            My Wife and Kid has got their visas today and the annotation entry has a PED of Oct 2012 and also PED of 2015 with the new petition number.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X