221(g) pims not updated in chennai consulate 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) pims not updated in chennai consulate 2012

Got Blue Slip with only one item checked for PIMS update.VO orally confirmed visa will be issued after PIMS

Interview Date : June 28
    PIMS updated (DOS confirmed) : July 09

VFS says case still pending with Chennai Consulate also adds it is under admin processing.

My Question:
    ------------

1.Does VFS mean normal admin processing,as PIMS is simpler and faster than others

2.Why is it taking time from Chennai consulate after PIMS update as confirmed by DOS?

3.Will chennai consulate not inform me by post if they have moved my case to admin processing?

My lease for house ends by July 31st and have no support to move things,i am desperate and too depressed abt the situation.Please help by saying what might be happening.2-4 weeks for PIMS is ideal ,but will it take more than that.
    Last edited by needhelpp; 07-17-2012, 03:32 AM. Reason: spelling

1.Does VFS mean normal admin processing,as PIMS is simpler and faster than others
    >>> Yes.

2.Why is it taking time from Chennai consulate after PIMS update as confirmed by DOS?
    >>> Sometimes it takes about 3-4 weeks to get it cleared. It used to be 2 weeks before.

3.Will chennai consulate not inform me by post if they have moved my case to admin processing?
    >>> No. If it takes more time, then contact VFS and try to get a tracking number.

My lease for house ends by July 31st and have no support to move things,i am desperate and too depressed abt the situation.Please help by saying what might be happening.2-4 weeks for PIMS is ideal ,but will it take more than that.
    >>> If it is PIMS, then you should hear back within 2-4 weeks. If additional admin processing, then it will take time. It is always a risk to leave the lease open and going out of U.S to get the visa stamped. Getting the visa stamped is not easy as before due to a lot of scrutiny these days. The best option is to close the lease, take a storage and put your stuff there and then leave the country. This way, yur expenses will also be less if you get stuck on a 221g.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks shervin
      Fingers Crossed and praying God for some good news from the consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X