Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Stamping Before Expiry

Hi Folks,

My current H1B visa is expiring in Nov 22, 2012. However I have got my renewal petition approved for next three years until 2015 and also received approved petition from the consulate. What I noticed in the new petition is that the validity starts from Nov 23, 2012 that is after the expiry of the current petition on Nov 22, 2012. In the mean time I am visiting India in September 2012 and planning to schedule an interview for the new visa stamping in September 2012.

Can you guys please let me know if I can go for extension visa stamping before the expiry of the current visa.

1) if everything goes fine at the visa interview, within how many days it is expected to get the stamped passport (as I will be traveling back to US in Oct)

2) if something goes wrong during the interview, what are the next steps and how many takes it usually takes to correct the issue and travel back?

3) Can the new visa be issued with dates starting from Sep 2012 when actually the extension petition validity starts only in Nov 2012.

4) Is there any chance that the new visa will be issued only from Nov 2012 to match petition validity period?

5) In case of point (4) what happens to the old visa and will I be able to travel in Oct 2012.

I very much appreciate your help on this. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
    raj

Can you guys please let me know if I can go for extension visa stamping before the expiry of the current visa.
    >>> You can.

1) if everything goes fine at the visa interview, within how many days it is expected to get the stamped passport (as I will be traveling back to US in Oct)
    >>> Within 2 weeks.

2) if something goes wrong during the interview, what are the next steps and how many takes it usually takes to correct the issue and travel back?
    >>> Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.

3) Can the new visa be issued with dates starting from Sep 2012 when actually the extension petition validity starts only in Nov 2012.
    >>> There is no start date in the visa. There is only an expiry date.You will be able to enter U.S on a valid visa by carry both your approval notice. Make sure the I-94 is issued till the extended petition expiry date before leave the POE.

4) Is there any chance that the new visa will be issued only from Nov 2012 to match petition validity period?
    >>> Read the above answer.

5) In case of point (4) what happens to the old visa and will I be able to travel in Oct 2012.
    >>> The old visa will be cancelled as CWOP when you apply for a new one.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X