X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B - Visa stamping outside home country

Hi All,

I have 2 questions :

1. I came to US on L1B and shifted to H1B, now I want to go for H1B stamping,I have read in other posts that you cannot go outside home country for fresh H1B.
    Since I already had L1B stamping from India, Am I eligible to attend visa interview/stamping outside india for H1B like in Canada/Mexico.

This is my 1st H1B Visa, and I have been on H1B since a year.

2. If I shift to a new employer and then immediately attend for the H1B Visa stamping, are the latest pay-stubs from the current employer mandatory?
    Any work arounds for this.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!!

1. I came to US on L1B and shifted to H1B, now I want to go for H1B stamping,I have read in other posts that you cannot go outside home country for fresh H1B.
    Since I already had L1B stamping from India, Am I eligible to attend visa interview/stamping outside india for H1B like in Canada/Mexico.

This is my 1st H1B Visa, and I have been on H1B since a year.
    >>> No. First time H1B stamping should be from your home country.

2. If I shift to a new employer and then immediately attend for the H1B Visa stamping, are the latest pay-stubs from the current employer mandatory?
    >>> You just need to carry all your latest pay slips irrespective of the employer. It is just to make sure that you have been maintaining the H1B status in U.S. If you shift and immediately attend the visa interview (before the first pay slip can be generated), then carry the latest pay slips from your previous employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X